Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Summer Treeline


Today the sun is out again after three days of heavy rain. This is the view that I have again today.
I believe that these last two paintings are the closest I have come to capturing this summer sun. It has become an obsession, similar to Edward Hopper's desire to paint the light on a wall.  In that desire I have tried to add, in this painting, something beyond the classic compositions. To add the mundane and the repetitive! Not very positive words for a painting. Maybe someday I will have someone who can write something more eloquently, but I hold to this idea.
There is something interesting and even visceral about our new view, our 40-60 mph, out the window view of life.    
 
Copyright © Blog | Show