Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dangerous Landscape

Last week I was diagnosed with Lyme disease. I seem to have been very lucky.
I had no bulls eye mark to tell me that I was bitten and I have not been sick. I went in for a physical and in a discussion with my Doctor I mentioned the Dutchess County property, so we added Lyme disease to the blood test list
I am not one to complain about aches and pains, so the slight malaise that I felt was pushed aside. There are two possibilities for not getting very sick, that I contracted a lesser strain or that I have a strong immune system.
Our landscape here is a second growth mixed forest, Maples, Cherrys, Ash, and Locust in my area, with Birch and Oaks entering down the road. All crowded with saplings and perfect for Deer to hide, feed and be a resource for ticks.

#5 is a painting that interested me for being the "Wall O Trees". A dense pattern of limited color that reminded me of early Jackson Pollack paintings.
The abstract expressionists were busy breaking down the landscape to find the basic forms and here I am, coming out the other side, carrying their vision back to the landscape.
 
Copyright © Blog | Show