Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Old Drawing

In the summer of 1971, as a beginning art student. I would draw portraits outside, at fairs and festivals. I drew in vine charcoal, on newsprint and sprayed them with hairspray. I think $3. - $5. was my going rate. I really loved to draw and I could stand and draw for hours, without a break.
A portrait, from that time, has resurfaced. A very special drawing too. This is John K., my best friend through High School.
It is the best I could draw at that time. What I am most pleased about, is that I did capture the "likeness" and "spirit".
Later I moved away from the pressure of "likeness" and concentrated on trying to draw the best "head" that I could, but spirit is and will always be the most important.
Speaking of spirit; This drawing was sent to me by John's son, who I have never met.
John died of kidney failure in 1977 after a life with Nephritis.
I really could go on and on...
 
Copyright © Blog | Show